Photogs, want to contribute to the lovely array of photography on this site? Then join the Curbed Detroit Flickr Photo Pool!
Dear Readers, it has been a most wonderful and interesting ride since we launched last September. Thank you for reading, sending tips, and even (from time-to-time) amusing us with your crazeball comments. Here now, our top ten stories of 2011! As you will notice, the Curbed Cup shot right to the top which tells us two very important things. 1. Detroit really cares about its neighborhoods, and for that we thank you! 2. Detroit really loves a contest even if the prize is fake, and for that we also thank you. Happy New Year and we shall see you on Tuesday with the results of the Curbed Cup. [CurbedWire Staff]
1. Curbed Cup Final Four: (8) Ferndale vs. (4) Hamtramck
2. Curbed Cup 1st Round: (1) Corktown vs. (8) Ferndale
3. New Car Commercial Visits Frank Lloyd Wright’s Affleck House
4. Banglatown to Vacant Houses: Ride it or Squash it
5. Interior Revealed! Mercury Burger Bar Getting Close to An Opening Date, Will Serve Breakfast Too!
6. The Hottest Property in the Tax Auction or Total Heartbreaker?
7. Detroit's Trendiest Hood Gets Theater to Go Along With an Already Overwhelming List of Other New Stuff
8. The Koebel House: An Eero and Eliel Saarinen Collaboration
9. Introducing Curbed Detroit—Neighborhoods, Real Estate, More!
10. New Detroit Documentary For Euro TV: Not For Americans