The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy just announced a May meeting to discuss plans on expanding the RiverWalk to the west, starting with the construction of a shoreline path across the vacant land adjacent to the Riverfront Towers. Purchased by the conservancy in 2007, the property at 1801 W. Jefferson was once occupied by the Detroit Free Press printing plant. The Conservancy announced in December that construction would start in the spring, and that the project would add lighting, benches, trash receptacles and security cameras to the twenty-acre site. The Conservancy's ultimate goal is a walkway spanning the entire shoreline between the MacArthur (Belle Isle) and Ambassador Bridges.
· CONSERVANCY PREPARES FOR WEST RIVERFRONT ACCESS [DRC]