Palmer Woods is like a sanctuary for stately old tudors with all the trimmings. Built in 1930, this fine specimen was originally listed in May 2013 for $450,000, but the asking price has since crumbled down to just $375,000. Not a bad deal for seven bedrooms and nearly 6,000 square feet of classy interior space.
The listing starts by noting that all asbestos has been removed, the presence of "SOME NEW PELLA WINDOWS," and that one bathroom has been "TOTALLY REDONE." Excuse us for not gasping at a fresh bathroom, but this beast comes with five of them.
A few more observations:
· A house this age would typically have radiators, this one looks to have been converted to electric heat at some point. Weird.
· The finished basement has terrazzo floors and a lovely stone fireplace.
· Someone, please save the incredible stairway from that fudge-colored carpet.
· Look at that slate roof! Even the three-car garage is covered in slate. Classy.
· According to Zillow, it last sold for $565K in the year 2000.
The big question: Why can't this one find a buyer? Is there some sort of foundational problem? Let us know if you have any info.
· Listing: 19160 Woodston Rd [Zillow]