clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Old Wayne County Building Sold, Renovations Coming ASAP

New, 10 comments

After years of emptiness, one of downtown's architectural treasures has finally been sold. According to the Freep, an investment group from New York bought the Old Wayne County Building for $13.4M. The buyer, identified only as "600 Randolph SN LLC," plans to begin renovations almost immediately.

It sounds like one big tenant might already been lined up, which could mean a bit more vibrancy for the far end of Cadillac Square. Also an encouraging sign: The buyers have hired architecture firm Quinn Evans, which specializes in historic projects exactly like this one. The old Wayne County building has a facade of sandstone, first opening in 1902 after a scandal-ridden, 5-year construction period.
· Old Wayne County Building Could Hit the Market Soon [Curbed]
· Old Wayne County Building bought by N.Y. firm [Freep]

Wayne County Building

600 Randolph Street, , MI 48226 Visit Website