City officials and a consortium of developers just unveiled a plan to rebuild a big chunk of Brush Park. News is still trickling out, but here are the highlights followed by renderings. Here's what we know so far:
- The grand total: 337 housing units covering 8.4 acres.
- Includes: apartments, townhomes and flats, both for sale and rent.
- At least 20% classified as affordable housing
- Four historic mansions restored and integrated into new neighborhood.
- Developer is Brush Park Development Partners LLC, which includes Dan Gilbert.
- Historic restoration begins this summer, new construction by end of 2015.
- ETA: 2017
· Press Release [City of Detroit]
· Detroit Takes Steps to Rebuild its Lost Neighborhood [Curbed]