The Belt, an alley next to the Z parking garage in downtown is lined with street art and getting ready to open two of the city's sure-to-be hot spots:
1) Skip: A 1,500-square foot outdoor bar recessed into the alley wall. Backed by its own Shepard Fairey mural, it will be entirely open to the alley and plans to serve frozen versions of classic cocktails (think pina coladas and daiquiris) and pitchers of beer.
2) Standby: Located on the corner of the Belt and Gratiot (where Guns + Butter restaurant was once planned to be), the space will primarily serve as a cocktail bar. Lest anyone arrive with an empty stomach, a complimentary food menu will also be in place.
Both venues are scheduled to open by September 1 of this year, but you can explore the Belt and all its art-filled uniqueness right now. - Leslie Youngblood
· Bars, dining coming to the Belt alley in Detroit [Detroit Free Press]
· Downtown's New Shepard Fairey Mural is Officiall Done [Curbed Detroit]
· Detroit's 10 Most Anticipated Spring/Summer Openings [Eater Detroit]