Back in August, we found out that Detroit would get a big bike share program in 2017 (420 bikes to be exact). Shift Transit will provide the bikes and 42 stations for Detroit’s first public bike share system. Detroit Bike Share will provide short-term bike rental through a network of wireless, solar-powered kiosks located throughout greater Downtown Detroit.
Before that happens, they want to hear from the people who will be using the bikes. Over the next few weeks, Detroit Bike Share will host a series of public meetings in different neighborhoods to gather feedback.
What do they want to know? Where would stations be useful in your neighborhood? How much would riders be willing to pay to use the bikes? What kind of membership would you sign up for?
Meetings and neighborhoods include:
- North End: Tuesday, October 18, 6:00 - 7:30 pm @ St. Matthew's & St. Joseph's Episcopal Church
- New Center: Wednesday, October 19, 6:00-7:30pm @ 1 Ford Place
- Woodbridge: Thursday, October 20, 6:00 - 7:30 pm @ Spirit of Hope Church
- Eastern Market/Lafayette Park: Tuesday, November 15, 6:00 - 7:30 pm @ 1300 East Lafayette
Those interested can get more info at the Eventbrite page.
- Detroit Bike Share to launch Spring 2017 with 420 bikes [Curbed Detroit]
- Detroit Bike Share Community Meeting [Eventbrite]