The big $3.3 million listing in Brush Park last week had us thinking about the changing real estate picture in this neighborhood. With a mix of historic mansions, townhouses, lofts, and new construction, this 22-block neighborhood has seen a lot of real estate activity lately.
To get an idea of what prices are like now, take a look below (or click for an interactive chart). This list has a range of properties and listing price per square foot.
Currently the property asking the most per square foot is a 1,700-square-foot condo at Carlton Lofts, which is listed for $599,000. It's been on the market for 153 days. We've seen other lofts listed around the $300K range go much, much quicker. But you get a great penthouse view with this one.
Also making the list is this big inn at 97 Winder, which has also been on the market for quite a while. This 1876 Victorian mansion is 11,000 square feet and listed at $2.5 million.
Coming in at $172/square foot is a $5,000,000 property that hit the market about a month ago. It's a 29,000-square-foot building that needs the right owner to redevelop it. According to the listing, the "building is 5 stories with 4,000 square feet on each floor. The one story building is a little more than 9,000 square feet and could serve as a restaurant, entertainment, or lofts." The listing also includes pictures of the future of Brush Park (so shiny!)
We also asked NeighborhoodX to pull a comparison of prices in Brush Park from 2013. You can see how the price per square foot took a big jump in 2014 and has steadily increased since.
* And the higher end of the market increased from $195 to $352 per square foot - an increase of 81% over three years.
It will be interesting to see where the prices go in the upcoming years, as The Scott at Brush Park takes shape, with 199 apartments available by the end of the year. Also to watch, the 8.4 acre redevelopment that was announced last year and included the renovation of the Ransom-Gillis House.
Are there any other neighborhoods you'd like to see featured?
- Brush Park Income Property Hits the Market for $3.3 Million [Curbed Detroit]
- Brush Park price range (April 2016) [NeighborhoodX]
- Luminous Bi-Level Penthouse Offers Lofty Views of Brush Park [Curbed Detroit]
- Inn Aims to Cash in on Brush Park Renewal, Asks $2.5 Million [Curbed Detroit]
- 2711 Beaubien [Redfin]
- Pre-Leasing Available for the Scott at Brush Park [Curbed Detroit]
- Rebuilding Brush Park: Hundreds of Apartments, Historic Rehabs Begin Construction Soon [Curbed Detroit]