Update: The open house will be at 23 Heights Road, Lake Orion, MI 48362. Parking is at Opa's restaurant on Lapeer Road. The line will be cut off at 12:30 p.m. They are asking those that can't make it to help raise money by using the hashtags #nicolecurtis #welovetessa. More details can be found here.
Rehab Addict Nicole Curtis is giving fans a chance to see the “before” of her next house this weekend, all while helping a family in need. She’s hosting an open house on Saturday, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., to preview her Season 8 house. This is a 1925 house up in Lake Orion and you’re welcome to tour it before it’s rehabbed. The address will be revealed on Friday.
The tour will cost a $10 cash donation, or $5 if you purchase her book Better Than New. (World Market donated 250 books to sell at the event). Proceeds will go to a family in need.
She’s done quite a few open houses, so there are some ground rules. You can read more and keep up with any info here. A few of the big reminders are:
- Get there early. She suggests bringing camp chairs or beverages since the lines tend to be very long.
- She describes the house as “disgusting,” “smelly,” and “nasty.” Dress appropriately. Close-toed shoes are mandatory.
- Books cost $25 and she’ll be signing them there.
- Children under 10 can’t tour the home.
- There will be two lines: if you have health issues, can’t stand in line, etc., there will be another quicker line.
- Don’t be grumpy.
Check out the facebook event and while you’re daydreaming of beautiful rehabs, check out some of her earlier work at Ransom Gillis and in Ferndale.