Holiday festivities in the city continue December 8, as Corktown lights up for a day full of activities. Corktown Aglow will have dozens of activities for families and visitors to choose from.
Some highlights include:
- Tours of the Workers Row House, which dates back to 1849 (open 12-6 p.m.)
- A holiday home decorating contest, sponsored by the Corktown Historical Society
- A holiday party at the Corner Ballpark with a soccer clinic, crafts, fowling, and more (1-4 p.m.)
- A tree lighting and caroling at Bagley & Trumbull (6:15 p.m.)
- A petting zoo at Trumbull and Leverette (3-6 p.m.)
- Photos with Santa, plus marshmallow roasting and hot chocolate at Bagley & Trumbull (5-7 p.m.)
- A block party at Bagley & Trumbull in a heated tent (7-10 p.m.)
- The Southwest Holiday Fest at 2826 Bagley (2-6 p.m.)
- Ponyride’s holiday market with over 50 makers (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
A full schedule can be found here. Businesses and restaurants will be open throughout Corktown, and a shuttle will be available in the neighborhood for visitors. People can also hop on a shuttle from Capital Park and Campus Martius this year.
The event officially runs from 12-10 p.m. December 8. Corktown Aglow is organized through the Corktown Business Association and this year the event is sponsored by Ford Motor Company.