We’re often dazzled by the charm and character of the century-old historic homes in Indian Village. This new listing has an added bonus: a replica birdhouse built by the current owner. It’s delightful, and part of extensive landscaping completed by the current owners.
The house itself was built in 1916 for Dr. Frank Sladen—the first chief physician of Henry Ford Hospital—and designed by William Starr’s Company.
The current owners bought the house in 2011 and started major renovations. The first phase included the first floor, except the kitchen, which only needed minor modifications. They also updated the second and third floor bathrooms at first. The second phase saw the renovations of the second floor, and the extensive third phase shows off the lovely gardens. They added a Koi pond, front and back gardens, a patio, and the birdhouse out front.
The mechanicals were in great condition when purchased and the house is full of original fixtures and details, with modern updates. They’re now offering the five-bedroom, three-and-a-half bath home for $590,000. The house is listed through Betty Warmack at Real Estate One.
- 2207 Seminole Street [Realtor.com]