Located at 2253 Burns Street in Indian Village, this handsome 4,834-square-foot Tudor Revival style home is full of the historic charm that is typical of the area’s many older residence. The five-bedroom structure was built in 1915 by notable architect George D. Mason who also designed Detroit’s sprawling 1,037-room Masonic Temple and the Charles T. Fisher Mansion in Boston Edison.
The original owner was Dr. George E. Fay, a prominent surgeon who supposedly hosted Thomas Edison and Henry Ford at the residence, according to the listing notes. The interior has an abundance of rich woodwork including an oak paneled foyer, french doors between rooms, a carved staircase, and hardwood and mosaic tile flooring.
Other standout features includes a bright sunroom with a checkerboard floor and a master suite with an attractive Pewabic tile-lined fireplace. The home has undergone a number of updates including new copper plumbing, a modern electrical system, and renovated bathrooms. The kitchen could probably benefit from a cosmetic refresh but does include a commercial-grade South Bend stove.
This historic Indian Hill beauty is listed by Betty Warmack of Real Estate One. It is currently seeking $675,000.