The 25-room, 7,400-square-foot colonial at 1796 Burns Street in Indian Village went up in 1920, just as Prohibition took effect.
Its original owner used three walk-in safes in the basement to distill and bottle his own whiskey, according to the Keller Williams Advantage listing. The safes were also used to store fur and cash (presumably from the illicit whiskey sales). The walk-in safes remain, one as a home movie theater.
The house in full comes with the potential for seven bedrooms and with a converted carriage house out back. The total price? It’s $1.49 million.